Every year, we bring together some of the country’s most impactful leaders in tech, business, finance, and media to attend the Summer Celebration in New York City.
SAVE THE DATE FOR SUMMER CELEBRATION 2015
Thursday, June 4th, 7pm-11pm at the IAC Building
Check back for updates and early bird tickets!
Thanks to everyone who attended the 2014 VFA Summer Celebration!
We kicked off the evening with an address by Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who spoke about building entrepreneurial communities. The keynote address was delivered by Dan Gilbert, Founder and Chairman of Quicken Loans and Rock Ventures, and moderated by David Brooks, author and Op-Ed Columnist at the New York Times.
Dan Gilbert discussed his work transforming Detroit through real estate investments, placemaking initiatives, and the relocation of many of his businesses and employees to downtown Detroit.
You can check out pictures from our 2014 event here.
Special guests included:
- Charles Best, Founder of DonorsChoose.org
- Vinit Bharara, Co-Founder of Quidsi
- David Brooks, Author and Columnist, New York Times
- Jennifer Fleiss, Co-founder of Rent the Runway
- Avi Flombaum, Dean of Flatiron School
- Bill Ford, CEO of General Atlantic
- Dave Gilboa, Co-Founder & Co-CEO of Warby Parker
- Jason Hogg, Founder & CEO of Revolution Money
- Bob Jeffrey, Chairman & CEO of JWT Worldwide
- Jeremy Johnson, Co-Founder of 2U
- Dhani Jones, New York Giants & Fox Sports 1
- Dina Kaplan, Co-Founder of Blip
- Donald Katz, Founder & CEO of Audible
- John Katzman, Founder of 2U & Princeton Review
- Cyrus Massoumi, CEO & Founder of ZocDoc
- Alexis Maybank, Founder & Strategic Advisor of Gilt
- Jon Oringer, CEO of Shutterstock
- Dan Porter, Head of Digital at William Morris Endeavor
- Jeff Raider, Co-Founder of Harry’s
- David Rose, Founder & CEO of Gust
- Barry Rosenstein, Founder of Jana Partners
- Bob Safian, Editor-in-Chief of Fast Company
- Alisa Volkman, Co-Founder of Babble Media
- Dan Yang, EVP of Viacom Entertainment Group
- Lauren Zalaznick, Former EVP of NBC Universal
- Jeffrey Zurofsky, Partner & CEO of ‘wichcraft
Congratulations to the recipients of the UBS Venture Catalyst Awards!
For the first time at the 2014 Summer Celebration, UBS presented the Venture Catalyst Awards, which provide seed funding and mentorship to accelerate Fellow ventures. We couldn’t be prouder of our first Fellow Founders!
Detroit | Founded by Brian Rudolph ’12
“Pasta 2.0”– a delicious and guilt-free pasta alternative made from chickpeas. Visit eatbanza.com.
Detroit | Founded by Tim Dingman ’12, Scott Lowe ’12, and Max Nussenbaum ’12
A tenant management platform for small, independent landlords. Visit entercastle.com.
Detroit | Founded by Brian Bosche ’12 and Dan Bloom ’12
A smarter way for businesses to manage video content. Visit ternpro.com.
Philadelphia | Founded by James Fayal ’12
A caffeine-packed line of flavored, premium teas looking to replace your morning coffee. Visit getzesttea.com.