Learn The Landscape
Thinking about starting a business? First, understand the startup landscape. Familiarize yourself with common terms, get yourself ready mentally and start to connect with resources.
Startup Glossary & Tools
Not sure the difference between a Venture Capitalist and an Angel Investor? Start here with these glossaries of common terms.
Personal Assessments for Entrepreneurs
Starting a new business may be one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. These assessment tools will make sure you are ready for the risk, reward and challenge of being an entrepreneur.
- Four Traits You Need to Make it in the Startup World
- Watch: David Kelley “How to Build Your Creative Confidence”
- Watch: Susan Cain “The Power of Introverts”
- Entrepreneurial Potential Self-Assessment
- Do You Have What It Takes to be an Entrepreneur?
Books & Podcasts
You can found a successful startup anywhere. VFA has the deepest ties to the entrepreneurship communities in the cities where we our Fellows live and work. Find the closest ones to you below.
Don’t see your city listed? Search for more local resources here.